You can pay your fine at the Adams Memorial Library, or you can pay any fine over $1.01 online using your Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card:
- Log into your library account.
- Select the amount in unpaid fines and bills.
- Select “PAY ONLINE”.
- Select the fines that you wish to pay, complete all of the relevant information and click submit.
- A confirmation page will appear next. You can print a copy of your receipt at this time and/or click OK. If you enter a valid email address, receipt of payment will be sent to the address you entered in step 4.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use PayPal for my online payment?
No, our system does not currently support payments via PayPal.
- Is a service fee charged when paying fines online?
No, the library does not add an additional service charge when paying fees online.
- Is there a minimum fine amount that can be paid online?
Yes, the minimum payment amount is $1.01. If you do not wish to pay all of the fines, you can "uncheck" the fines you do not wish to pay at this time and hit recalculate to pay only the checked, selected fines. Each selected fine must be paid in full - you cannot pay a partial amount on a selected fine.
- I have fines on my account but the Pay Online button does not show.
There is minimum payment amount is $1.01. If your fines are not at least this amount, the Pay Online button will not appear.
- Can I get a refund for my online payment?
No, the Library is not able to issue credit or debit card refunds.
- Why do the fines I just paid still appear on the "My Library Account" screen?
You must "refresh" that screen. When you do, it will accurately reflect your payment.
- How do I get a receipt when I pay my fines online?
If you include an email address with the credit card information you submit, a receipt will be sent automatically to that email address. A payment receipt also displays online and may be printed. (NOTE: if you are using a computer within the library, please contact a staff member regarding a print-out of your receipt.)
- I received an error message - what does this mean?
This indicates the system was unable to access your library card record. Please try again later. If the error message displays after you attempt payment again, contact your library. As long as the error message displays, no payment is processed and no fines are cleared.
- What happens if I receive a message that the transaction was declined?
Your fines and fees will remain on your account. Click on the VeriSign link for more information on possible reasons why the transaction was declined.